The Call

I was stuck in my night class when I got your text.
I read it twice. I checked the date and time. Just want to make sure that it was REALLY you.

"Are you still having a class?"

I stared at my phone for a while before making a reply.

"Yup"

A short one that led to a long call in the next hour.

Personality, friend of friend, assignment, Nicole Kidman.

That was our first call.


📞

It was the night after an overtime work, when I bought myself a pair of shoes as a reward.
I was too busy picking up the size and model when my phone rang.

It was you.

I froze for a second and answered it happily.

Where-are-you, aren't-you-going-home-yet, friend's wedding, partner.

That was our second call.

📞📞

Been too long for keeping this feeling and I couldn't hold it anymore.

That might be okay to make such a confession with no intention.

I just thought that you had to know.

At least, they were things that popped up in my head when I finally sent you a text, asking for a call.

"Still have work. I'll call you when I'm home."

Either you were never home or simply you just forgot.

So, there was no third call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolusi

Selamat Tinggal

Everything Is Not That Important, Everyone Is